Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Performance In The Abandoned Evangelical Church

Today I found two strange video, that I made for my friends from Madrid in 2013. I guess you can call it video art. In fact it's performance that was captured.

A girl tried to explain me the essence of her performance somehow. She said that every place (space) has a special power. She tries to transmit this energy, her feeling of space through body movements and voice. Her body and voice performs the role of a mediator. It all seemed like some of the methods that psychologists use in the dance movement therapy and actors during actors' training. It looks very strange action for most part of viewers and complete surprise them as I noticed.

Her boyfriend, sound engineer, recorded sound during this perfomance and then he made sound tracks for the video that I filmed for them. Shot on a DSLR camera static shots in very low light.

They chose really interesting places . Both videos were made on Madeira. First clip was recorded at underground grotto of volcanic origin. She spent twenty minutes in the icy water. The second video was made in the abandoned Evangelical Church.

El retorno al llanto, a la madre from temporadadepesca on Vimeo.


Flores para el altar from temporadadepesca on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment